SALARY : R122 595 per annum
CENTRE : Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory
- Minimum educational qualification: General Education and Training Certificate
- (GETC) /Grade 9 (Std 7).Registration with a professional council: Registration
- with the Private Security Regulatory Authority of South Africa in terms of the
- Private Security Industry Regulations Act (Act 56 of 2001) PSIRA. Experience:
- Appropriate experience as a Security Officer. Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts and be available on a 24-hour basis. Valid (Code
- B/EB) driver’s licence. Must be registered with PSIRA. Must be physically fit.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Proficiency in English (both written and
- verbal) as well as one of the two official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of security related prescripts, regulations and procedures. Basic
- knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Good interpersonal and
- communication skills. Ability to work in a team as well as independently. Be
- responsible and diligent. Ability to work under pressure.
- (key result areas/outputs): Ensure access/egress control. Patrolling of
- buildings, parking areas and perimeter fencing. Control of parking areas.
- Taking and writing of statements. Investigation of crimes and incidents. Giving
- of evidence at Court or disciplinary inquiries. Controlling of all hospital keys.
- Supervise outsourced security officers.
- ENQUIRIES : Mr S Ndzuzo, Tel No: (021) 404-3111
- APPLICATIONS : Chief Executive Officer: Groote Schuur Hospital, Private Bag X4, Observatory,
- FOR ATTENTION : Mr M Benjamin
- NOTE : No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
- CLOSING DATE : 27 December 2019