Closing Date: 30 July 2018
Location: Secunda / Sasolburg
This role is for a position in the graduate development program. The graduate development program (GDP) is based on a three year training period in Operations and Technology.
Within this training period you will be assessed every 6 months to demonstrate competencies developed and highlight areas which require focus. After being declared competent at the end of the 3 year period, you will become eligible to apply for vacant Engineer positions. (Subject to the availability of vacancies).
- Learn and understand the Sasol value chain (including Operations, Technology (Engineering and Project Management), its products and applications, test methods and equipment in context of discipline learning.
- Understand the Sasol Operations Standards Framework and how to operate within it.
- Learn how to translate theoretical knowledge into practical application that will add business value.
- Understand the importance of planning and integration.
- Learn to utilize engineering systems, tools and standards (own, local and international) in own work and projects.
- Understand how your business unit fits within your Operating Hub and the Sasol value chain.
- Understand the impact of upstream- and downstream units on the operation of your allocated plant and vice versa.
- Develop a sound understanding of [discipline] engineering generalist knowledge and sound understanding with regards to process equipment (e.g. design and safe operation thereof).
- Develop selected detailed knowledge in defined fields of [discipline] engineering.
- Be able to define a business opportunities, by using the correct indicators.
- Be able to define business risks, applying the business risk assessment tools such as the probability risk ranking matrix, specific job risk assessment, etc.
- Support the execution (follow technical instruction to enable) of an engineering scope of work for small multidisciplinary projects (i.e. Tier)
- Support and follow instructions to execute the operation, design, engineering, development and/or modification of processes/equipment in accordance with sound established engineering principles and standards to satisfy business requirements.
- Correctly preform Technical and Economic evaluations of small projects, ideas and modifications.
Qualifications and experience required:
The position requires a minimum of a B.Eng / BSc. Degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical / Electronic / Industrial Engineering or a BSc. Degree in Geology with limited or no practical experience or, will have a B.Eng / BSc. Degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical / Electronic / Industrial Engineering by the end of 2018.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Functional / Technical
- Language skills – English proficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.