A leading company in Centurion in the aerospace and defence industry has a vacancy for a finance person with procurement experience within its finance department.
Support the Financial Manager in recording and retrieving financial details of the company, including maintaining financial records, processing payments and cash handling.
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and Auditing:
- Monthly reconciliations, including general ledger and journals and compile month-end reports, management accounts and statistics
- Process (workflow) the debtors and creditors, assist with fixed assets and draft income statements and balance sheets
- Manage and maintain the internal control function and administration support and handle audit queries
- Full function of debtors and creditors management
- Analyse budget vs. Actual expenditure.
- Analyse variances and capture requests for budget transfers. Keep proper record of the shifting of funds. Completion of journals to rectify incorrect allocations.
- Petty cash management
- Work closely with the Financial Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance related matters.
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required.
- Resolution of finance related queries.
- Assist with the end of the year preparation and procedures.
- Ad hoc finance administration and other ad hoc duties that may arise within the organisation from time to time
- Meeting requirements of Auditor-General and internal and external audits.
- Resolve queries pertaining to audit.
Supply Chain Management and Procurement:
- Responsible for overseeing procurements and writing recommendation report on the procurement.
- Responsible for procurement function (or process) in organisation.
- Ensure the effective management, facilitation and administration of the Procurement process in the organisation.
- Process purchase request and create orders.
- Evaluates performance of main suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications
- National Diploma in Financial Management or preferably a B Com degree (Accounting).
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years finance related experience in an accounting department or auditing field and/or including bookkeeping to balance sheet experience
- Basic experience in Supply Chain Management and 2 to 3 years experience in procurement and tender processes in the Public Sector.
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook); Advanced Excel spreadsheet knowledge (experience in Syspro will be an added advantage)
- Able to perform duties without supervision
- Good financial acumen and numeracy skills
- Good working knowledge of government and legislative processes and prescripts e.g PFMA, GRAP, Treasury Regulations and Financial delegations
- Team player
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills (written – reportwriting and verbal)
- A competitive CTC salary package between R 240 000 to R 325 000 per annum will be offered to the preferred candidate
- Communication would be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to an employee risk assessment process (reference checks, financial clearance, criminal record check etc), as well as to undergo psychometric assessments.
- The CAV is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and the appointment will be made in accordance with the CAV’s employment equity objectives.
- The CAV reserves the right not to fill an advertised position.
- If you meet the stated requirements, kindly e-mail your application to the HR Consultant at CAV at [Email Disabled] including a covering letter with the advertisement reference number shown, a certified copy of your identification document, drivers licence, qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three referees with their contact details).
- Failure to submit the prescribed documents on or before the closing date will result in disqualification of the application.
- Should you not hear from us within one month after the closing date, consider your application unsuccesful .
CLOSING DATE: 12 February 2015 @ 12:00.